At www.vivalaelectronica.info we collect different types of information about our users for four main purposes:
1. To provide personalised services, unique to individual users.
2. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
3. To sell advertising space on the site; this helps us to keep the site free of charge.
4. With user consent, to market services to individuals users.
Viva la Electronica Principles
1. We do our best to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of security technology. This means: we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information; we ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider has appropriate security measures
2. We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from Viva la Electronica and, if you choose, from carefully chosen third parties. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, tick boxes will let you decide whether you wish to receive marketing. We may, however, email you occasionally with information or queries about your registration, your subscription account or postings – for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
3. We will collect and use individual user’s details only where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you, in regards to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected and we will ensure that personal data is securely disposed of.
6. Our site is accessible via the Internet. This means that, wherever you choose to post your data on the site, it can be accessed from anywhere around the world.
7. When we – or our service providers – transfer data out of the European Economic Area (EEA), this is only ever done with the relevant safe-guards required by UK law in place.
How We Use Your Information
What information do we collect?
We collect information on our users through registration and use of the website, through cookies, where you choose to disclose data in postings, and when you enter sales promotions and competitions (“sales promotions”).
The minimum information we need to register a user is an email address and a password. We will ask further questions for different services, including sales promotions. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
We may also ask some further, optional questions during registration for certain services (for example, Professional Networks) so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users. This also enables us to personalise services for our users.
Updating Your Personal Information
We offer a ‘My Details’ page (also known as Dashboard), where you can update your personal information at any time, and change your marketing preferences. You can get to this page from most pages on the site – simply click on the ‘My Details’ link at the top of the screen when you are signed in.
Who We Share Data With
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. With your permission we will only share your information with carefully chosen third parties.
Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and in compliance with applicable data protection/privacy legislation. We may also independently audit these service providers to ensure that they meet our standards. We may use service providers to help us run the sites, or services available on the sites, some of whom may be based outside the EEA.
www.vivalaelectronica.info uses plugins from third party platforms (such as the ‘Facebook Recommend’ function). Information about your visit to www.vivalaelectronica.info may be collected by the third party providers on these pages. If you browse these pages whilst still also logged in to your account on the third party platform, information collected by the third party may be connected to your account on the third party platform. For more information on how these third parties use information, please read their privacy policies.
1. For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
2. We use third parties to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons.
4. Placing cookies on your computer means we can offer you adverts that you might be more interested in, and allows us to control the number of times you see them and measure how effective the ad campaign has been. This helps us to keep the site free of charge.
5. Flash cookies may be used to store user preferences for media player functionality and without them some video content may not render correctly.
You can turn cookies off but if you do this you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other intrusive advertising, as we won’t be able to limit what you see using cookies. You will, however, still be able to view the editorial content.